| April 18, 2010

Designing the Future of Social Media

• mjsciald

One thing that struck me as interesting was that nearly every group touched upon how social media can be integrated into education. In fact, a few groups made it the focus of the future they foresaw! This generation of learners is DEMANDING the integration of social media into their educational experience!!

• Jason Adams

This was an experience I will never forget. I am constantly reading about social media and the perspectives of “experts” in the field, but to sit down and listen to the amazing opinions of my group members was better than any online article I could ever hope to dig up. My views of social media go much deeper now, and I feel better prepared to start my career in social media because of the people in my group and the great presentations Sunday. If I wasn’t graduating soon, I’d jump at the chance to attend another charrette (as long as it’s not during tree pollen season).

• Alyssa Henry

This blog post sums up my experience at the Charrette. Collaborating isn’t easy, but it has great results. I think everyone involved saw that at the presentations. So, congratulations to all my fellow students who put so much time and energy into their innovative ideas, it really showed. A HUGE thank you to everyone at COLAB and the iSchool for organizing it and challenging us. Bring me back! I need more breakfast pizza! And, as always, “Faces not logos!”

-Alyssa

• Nicole Hering

Loved reading all the blog posts and tweets throughout the weekend. I graduated Syracuse a semester early (and now working at a social media agency!) but so happy to see that the University is embracing and taking such a critical and innovative approach to new media. Keep up the great work, guys! Loved the results!

• Congratulations to everyone who participated in the charrette! The presentations were fascinating….I learned a lot, and look forward to seeing the results of many future charrettes.

• Pingback: Charettes, Naps, Social Media & A Laser Etched Bamboo USB Drive FTW at the pursuit of techyness()

• What is augmented reality

“Social Media is about faces, not logos!”

What a great statement!!. . . and very correct for the way technology is moving

When eyeware becomes fully available for your mobile devise we are going to see Social Media combined with Augmented reality fly at a pace beyond all other technologies.

“As advances in technology continue, and we see an increase in smaller, more powerful devices, the barrier between man and machine via Augmented Reality via our Iphone , or Virtual Reality is not as farfetched as it was”

The next big step in all this technology is going to be eyeware. We are all going to know almost everything about each other just from a glance. . . I don’t know if its going to be a great thing or a very bad thing???

We are currently looking into the application of graphene into the eyeware and are seeing some exciting things for the future.

http://www.augmentedreality.com/en/what-is-augmented-reality.html

• Mross4

we are a local business in Cicero NY – we would love to work with you/students to see what we can do to change the social media we are now using and how to update and go to the next level to get the “word out” – do you have any programs and/or graduate students who would like to work with us to review what we do now and what/where we should be/go to get our marketing social media information to the next level?u00a0 If you do not do this can you send me any information that you might have to help us connect with the right person.u00a0 Thank you, Mary Ross – Admin Asst 315-699-1441 x25, 315-699-2596 FAX

• Pingback: Syracuse Social Media Charrette - ITLP Blog()