| March 7, 2013

6 Alternatives to Pandora’s 40-Hour Mobile Limit

• Ivan Garcia

Sign my petition to renove the limit on pandora listening if it is already ad supportedhttp://www.change.org/petitions/pandora-mobile-stop-limiting-usage-for-free-version-at-40-hours-a-month?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_lonely

• luis villegas

I love how you can put up a petition but you cant just pay $4 a month? You probably spend more than that at mcdonalds. Its a FREE SERVICE, what do you expect? This entitlement crap really gets on my nerves.

• MrNuminix

Some people don't have that kind of money to spend off on a ridiculous service such as Pandora. Why would you bother paying for Pandora when you could just use Grooveshark for free and listen to unlimited hours of music. It just doesn't make sense to me why Pandora would impose a 40 hour limit. Screw that.

Funny that some of these articles mention that you don't know what kind of music quality you will get with Grooveshark. All the music that I have added into my playlist sounds great. Use it all the time to listen to music in my car and at work.

• Anon

At $4/mo, you could definitely buy a nice car or something. . . in 625 years (assuming cash purchase of a $30,000 car. *Not taking into account 625 years of inflation.). Enjoy your worthwhile car.

• senselocke

The reason they introduced the limit is royalties--meaning "people being paid for their work".

Some artists don't have any money, at all. $4 is a pathetically small amount of money. And if you don't have $4, well, listen to broadcast radio. You're not entitled to free on-demand music for nothing.

• MrNuminix

Wow, I am amazed that somebody is still replying to my comment.

Anon - Not the point. Pay it towards a bill. Put it in savings for retirement. You know that eventually you could earn interest on that $4/month in the bank. Not like it will be a huge amount, but you could get a bigger and more worthwhile return by investing it. $4/month is a waste. But I guess if you have rich parents or are rich yourself, why bother saving anything?

senselocke - You know what, I'll just stick with Grooveshark. I am willing to sacrifice audio quality to not have to be subjected to these "Royalties".

You all can keep wasting your money on Pandora. I don't really care.

• Dan

Hah, you plebeians don't know how to find music without the use of an internet radio.

For what it's worth, Pandora is droping the 40-Hour streaming limit on 1 September 2013 for non-subscribing mobile users.

• Arsen

You should also inlcude Slacker radio? It is a great alternative to pandora.

• BuddhaBrian

You will only hit the limit on mobile devices. People in offices would be able to use the PC to listen to music and not hit the limit. The other pay option in Pandora is 99 cents after you pass the limit on mobile devices to continue to listen to Pandora.

• Matt

Many employers do not allow you to use their network for streaming services, either because it chews up bandwidth or because of security issues.

• Bill

Most people in an office wouldn't be able to use pandora, as IT is likely to cut them off to save bandwidth.

Also, Songza does allow you to choose a genre or even a band to base your playlist upon, not just your mood.

• Johnny

The number one suggestion to avoid paying Pandora $3/month for unlimited mobile streaming is to pay Spotify $9.99/month for unlimited streaming? Why not just pay $3 to Pandora?

• Invictvs

Yea, that one puzzled me as well.

• Erick

You should also include Batanga Radio, it's an awesome alternative for Pandora Radio.

• CDavis

This may be a little oldschool, but you could also just listen to the FM Radio Stations in your area. Although they are packed with ads, they are free.

• Smoothy75

Except I am a Smooth Jazz lover and Clear Channel basically did away with radio stations that devote music to smooth jazz.

• Nicole

All of these services sound the same to me. They play the same music as FM radio and are always interrupting my studying with some commercial. I just found www.earbits.com the other day and they are totally free online radio without any ads. It's perfect music to work to.

• UbuntuRocks

I agree, Earbits Is Awesome! No Ads And Unlimited Skips!

• tere

I tried earbits on my iphone and it socks slow. Not a lot of variety.

•  

Amazon cloud player also lets you store large amounts of music and play it on many devices or desktop at $24 yearly.

• John

you're missing grooveshark.com

• Old User

Yes!! Grooveshark is great with no ads, and it also has a Radio Broadcast feature to create unique playlists every time!

• bob

try playlist.com

• Bone

-_- Legit . Pay 4$ . End of Story .