I love to blog. Do you love to blog?
Maybe you’ve never blogged before, but you love to write and you have a passion for a tech topic(s).
Either way, we’re looking for you, Syracuse University students, to join Information Space.
Here are a few facts:
- We’ve been publishing posts by mostly students, but also by faculty, staff, alumni and friends on topics in the Information field, Monday through Friday, year-round, since September 2011.
- We’ve had student bloggers hired into full-time positions and internships, based (at least in part) on their work on Information Space.
- Information Space currently receives about 100,000 page views per month (yes, you read that right).
- Some of our most popular posts have had upwards of 100,000 page views each.
Since you’re reading this, you’re probably aware that our content runs the gamut from App Reviews to Amber Alerts, and Maker Spaces to Startups. Every blogger has their own niche and we encourage experimentation.
It takes a lot of coordination to run a multi-blogger platform, so we’re looking for new talent. If a great breadth of potential topics combined with the chance to have your voice heard by a growing audience is appealing, please consider becoming an Information Space blogger.
We are HIRING bloggers (and video producers)…which means you will be paid per post. It won’t make you rich, but we do recognize the time and effort our bloggers put into their work.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Current SU student (not exclusive to iSchool).
- Ability to commit to two posts or two brief videos per month. More are welcome, but we need a minimum of two per month.
- Ability to attend meetings or workshops from time to time (flexible schedule)
If you’re interested (and we hope you are), please submit:
- Links to your social profiles: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Writing sample or two. A link to your blog or other online articles you have written would be sufficient.
- Video sample, if available. We’re interested in including more video in our blog posts.
- Your topic of interest (examples): Social Media, Mobile Technology, Startups/Entrepreneurship/Innovation, Information Security, Libraries and Digital Information, Big Data/Data Science, IT Careers/Job Search/Networking, Information Policy, Gadgets, Apps…you get the picture.
- Year in school and major
- Answer this question: What is your favorite InfoSpace post, and why?
Please submit the above to me at email@example.com by Friday, September 13. I will take a look at all of the submissions and contact you by Friday, September 20.
Tweet at me if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!